The folks at Shepherd, a book-discovery site, asked for my recommendations in a genre similar to that of Hannibal and Me.
They let me choose only five, and I picked:
- Endurance, by Alfred Lansing
- Caesar: Life of a Colossus, by Adrian Goldsworthy
- The Boys in the Boat, by Daniel James Brown
- Einstein: His Life and Universe, by Walter Isaacson
- Undaunted Courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson and the Opening of the American West, by Stephen Ambrose
Find out why I chose these five, and not the hundreds of others on my shelves over at Shepherd.